Bicycle Accident Attorney Miami
There’s no question that one of the biggest attributes of the Sunshine State is its year-round pleasant weather. With over 300 days of sunshine per year, it’s no surprise that so many residents and visitors to the Miami area enjoy getting out and exploring the area on their bicycles.
Unfortunately, what should be a fun and enjoyable experience may take a quick turn if you are involved in an accident. If your bicycle accident was caused by a driver’s negligence or wrongful act, our Miami bicycle accident lawyer is ready to help. We can investigate the cause of your accident and help you recover the compensation needed to cover related medical costs and other losses.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents in Miami
You may wonder why Florida is such a dangerous place for bicyclists. Some claim the main cause of these accidents is that Florida roads, especially those in cities like Miami, are specifically designed to encourage and facilitate higher-speed traffic. The roads are built for speed rather than the safety of pedestrians and bicyclists. Because of this, bicyclists are at a higher risk of being involved in an accident and need the help of the best bicycle accident attorney in Miami.
Some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents that our bicycle accident attorney Miami deals with include:
- Failure to yield
- Aggressive driving
- Dangerous road conditions
- Distracted driving or riding
- Inclement weather
- Equipment defects or malfunctions
- Driving or riding under the influence
- Limited rider visibility
- Riding at night
If you are involved in a bicycle accident caused by a negligent driver, our bicycle accident attorney in Miami can help protect your legal rights to recover compensation.
Common Types of Injuries Seen in Bicycle Accidents
When you ride a bicycle, you have limited protective gear. Even wearing a helmet, knee, and elbow pads can’t provide adequate protection if you are struck by a vehicle. Because of this, there is a much higher risk of experiencing a life-threatening or even fatal injury.
When you hire the best bicycle accident attorney in Miami to help with your case, you can feel confident you have someone protecting your rights and helping you recover the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Some of the most common injuries that our bicycle accident attorney in Miami sees in these accidents include:
- Eye injuries
- Fractures or broken bones
- Spinal cord damage
- Degloving injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Chest injury
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Wrongful death
Were you involved in a bicycle accident caused by someone else? If so, our Miami bicycle accident lawyer can answer any questions you have and help you understand your rights.
Understanding Liability in Miami Bicycle Accidents
You may wonder who can be held responsible for your bicycle accident injuries and losses. One way to find out is by contacting a bicycle accident attorney in Miami.
In the state of Florida, though, anyone who contributed to your accident may be responsible for damages. Each at-fault party will be liable based on their degree of fault.
- Drivers: Every driver on the roads in Miami has the responsibility to prevent harm, which means they must obey all traffic laws and operate carefully. If a driver doesn’t exercise reasonable care, they may be held liable.
- Pedestrians: Pedestrians are responsible for using caution and staying alert when sharing the road with vehicles or bicycles. If a pedestrian jaywalks, crosses an intersection against the signal, or jumps into traffic, it creates a dangerous situation for everyone nearby, including bicyclists.
- Bicycle manufacturers: When you purchase a bike, you expect it to work as intended and help you stay safe. Defects in bicycles may make riding unsafe and cause accidents. In Miami, it’s possible to hold a company liable for defects resulting in accidents and injuries.
- Government agency: Miami must ensure all roads are free from hazards and dangerous conditions. If the government should have been aware of the condition that resulted in your accident, it may be considered liable for damages you experienced.
By hiring a Miami bicycle accident lawyer, you have someone who will carefully investigate your case to find all potentially liable parties. This will ensure you receive full compensation for the injuries caused by the accident.
Types of Damages You Can Recover After a Miami Bicycle Accident
If you are involved in a bicycle accident in Florida caused by someone else, you are entitled to receive (in most cases) both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are designed to provide compensation for all the financial costs of your accident. This includes things like temporary disability, lost wages, medical bills, and others.
Non-economic damages compensate you for things like loss of enjoyment of life, pain, suffering, and other intangible damages.
Hire the Best Bicycle Accident Attorney in Miami for Assistance with Your Case
If you are involved in a bicycle accident caused by another party, hiring a bicycle accident attorney in Miami is highly recommended. Proper legal representation will ensure your rights are protected and that you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses.
With the help of an experienced and professional Miami bicycle accident lawyer, you can also feel confident that you will have someone fighting to help you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible for your situation. This is something that may not be possible without experienced legal representation, contact Durham Law Group today to discuss your case!